+Tuesday, May 24, 2005+
Alright, I lied. Yesterday wasn't my last post before Matt comes home and R&R bliss. Matt called last night; I knew it was him before I even looked at the caller ID, and when the phone rang, I felt a mixture of happy and sad at the exact same moment - happy that Matt was calling, yet sad because I knew it meant he wasn't en route. It was an anomaly feeling those highs and lows simultaneously, but nothing new to this deployment. Here's a short list of just a few examples of the emotions I've been through in the last 24 hours: excited, restless, energetic, nervous, happy, antsy, anxious, impatient, eager, annoyed, thrilled, hysterical, worried - all driven by the ineffable love I have for my Matt, and dammit!!! I just want to see him already!!

I don't think I slept more than 3 hours last night, and it was sporadic. As soon as something would wake me up, my mind would start racing a mile a minute - oh my God, in just a few days Matt's going to be laying here next to me! Part of me almost wishes he hadn't told me about his leave, that he'd just shown up on our doorstep one day much to my ecstatic surprise so I could just surpass all this anticipation that's been keeping me up at night. When Matt gets home, he can sleep to recover from jet lag, and I'll sleep to recover from this week-long adrenaline rush. One might've been led to believe I was hopped up on speed yesterday with the quickness and efficiency I was getting things done in preparation for Matt's homecoming (albeit temporary). Dishes, laundry, vacuuming, car washing - they're no match for a girl trying to kill time while waiting for her soldier to come home; they tremble in fear at the sight of me...hahaha! I can safely say I've never been this motivated in my entire life.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting today is 'cause Jennifer was (ahem) kind enough to pass this "baton" on to me, and in keeping with tradition, I just simply couldn't say no. Besides, I'm grateful for the distraction (even if it is a short one). Make sure you stop by and give her and Karen some love - their husbands just got back from a year-long deployment to Iraq in February and have already been redeployed.

TOTAL VOLUME OF MUSIC ON MY COMPUTER:
None. I keep my computer muted at work - I tend to get weird popups that play loud music and scare the living crap out of me when they come out of nowhere.

THE LAST CD I BOUGHT:
Um. Gosh! I can't remember the last time I bought a CD let alone what the CD was!

CURRENT SONG PLAYING:
No song. It's a commercial on the radio about tires.

5 SONGS I LISTEN TO A LOT, OR MEAN A LOT TO ME:
Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting (this is mine and Matt's first dance song at our wedding. I can't listen to it without bawling, which is another reason my computer is muted...so I don't have to hear it when I come to my website.)
3 Doors Down - Here Without You (Matt's ringer on my cell phone)
Jimmy Eat World - Lucky Denver Mint
Metallica - The Unforgiven
Transiberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells

5 PEOPLE OF WHOM I'M PASSING THE BATON:
Hmmmmmm...who're the lucky 5...err, 4...gonna be? Christy, Brittany, Ginger, and Laura (I'm your guys' new best friend now, huh?! hehe).

Update as of 5/25/05 11:24 a.m.: Matt called to let me know he's in Kuwait and I now have an official time of his arrival into Reno, so this really WILL be my last post for a while! I'm grinning ear-to-ear; my baby's coming home!!!


wishing matt was here @ 12:47 PM+
|


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *